Rooks County, Kansas
Rooks County is located in Northwest Kansas halfway between Denver
and Kansas City at the eastern edge of the Great Plains. The county’s
approximate 5,200 people enjoy a quality of life that is attractive to people
seeking a simpler way of life.
* Emergency COVID-19 Response – CDBG Loan for Rooks County Businesses
(NOTE – If this form does not open in a fillable PDF, click on the “Open With Different Viewer” button)
* Corona Virus Small Business Guide and Checklist
* SBA website with information, procedures, and online applications
* COVID-19 Economic Injury Loan Application (SBA) – Streamlined Process
ATTENTION!! Due to the ongoing Corona Virus crisis, the Rooks County Courthouse is closed to the public.
A dropbox is available on the south side of the Rooks County Courthouse for official business of courthouse offices.
Office personnel are still on site to transact business, but the appropriate office must be called in advance.
Clerk – 785-425-6391 County Attorney – 785-425-6371
Treasurer – 785-425-6161 Clerk of District Court – 785-425-6718
Appraiser – 785-425-6262 KSU Extension – 785-425-6851
Register of Deeds – 785-425-6291 Economic Dev. – 785-425-6881
Rooks County will be using the Rooks County Emergency Management Facebook page to keep you updated on COVID-19. Questions can be directed to the RCEM Office (785-425-6818) or County Health Department (785-425-7352).
Explore Rooks County
Start a Business in Rooks County
- Kansas Business One Stop: Turn your idea into a prosperous business (This website will lead you through planning, startup, and maintenance of a business)
- Incentives available to new businesses
- Rooks County is an NetWork Kansas E-Community
- Learn more about our E-Community Business Loan program
- How to Make a Killing in Small Town America: Tips to get started
- Rural Opportunity Zone program offers financial incentives to college graduates
- New businesses continue to open in Rooks County. TAKE A LOOK!