Inspire, Inform & Involve. The Ice House Entrepreneurship Program is a revolutionary new learning program designed to inspire and engage participants in the fundamental concepts of an entrepreneurial mindset and the unlimited opportunities it can provide.
This highly interactive program enables participants to learn directly from the firsthand experience of successful real-world entrepreneurs. The overall objective is to empower learners through entrepreneurial thinking and immerse them in entrepreneurial experiences that will enable them to develop entrepreneurial skills.
Drawing on the entrepreneurial life lessons described in the book, the Ice House Entrepreneurship Program combines narrated chalkboard style presentations with video interviews and case studies featuring modern-day examples of entrepreneurs who have triumphed over adversity by embracing an entrepreneurial mindset. In addition to the narrated chalkboard presentations, each lesson includes individual learning assessments, discussion topics, and assignments that are designed to maximize comprehension while encouraging real-world application of the core concepts.
The Kansas Ice House Course consists of 8 weekly sessions of two hours each. Each participant receives a copy of the book, Who Owns the Ice House, a course workbook, and a license to complete course work.
The Ice House Entrepreneurship Program is a revolutionary new learning program designed to inspire and engage participants in the fundamental concepts of an entrepreneurial mindset and the unlimited opportunities it can provide.
Only 25 seats will be available for each community course. A very small to take the course is required. Attendees will have the opportunity to receive some of the fee returned to them based on attendance and completion of course.
The course is conducted as a “Flipped Classroom” where the instruction takes place at home on a web based white board, and the ‘homework’ is done in class onsite. The On-site sessions with the facilitator include class discussions, guest speakers, and class presentations. All of these opportunities encourage an on-going dialogues within the communities.
Rooks County Ice House Program Details:
Event Timing: Mondays, September 25 through November 14, 2017
Event Address: 409 N. Washington, Plainville, KS
Contact us at (785) 425-6881, (785) 203-0017 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The class will be held at the RCH Education Center located at the north end of the intersection of U.S. Hwy 183 and K-18.
- The first session on September 25 will be held in the upstairs meeting room of the Rooks County Health Office located at 426 Main in Stockton due to the RCH Education Center being unavailable.
- All classes will start at 6:00 p.m. and will include a light dinner. Normally the class will conclude by 8:30 p.m.
- The cost of the class is $100 (not dependent on number of classes attended). If a participant attends at least 7 of the 8 sessions, $50 will be refunded.
- Aaron White, Executive Director for the Ellis Co. Coalition for Econ. Dev. will facilitate the class.
- Rooks County E-Community is the sponsor and organizer of the class. Contact Roger Hrabe at the phone or email provided above for more information.