Rooks County CDBG-CV grant money is now available to support the working capital needs of existing small businesses within Rooks County for Economic Relief as a result of COVID-19.
NOTE – BUSINESSES LOCATED INSIDE THE STOCKTON CITY LIMITS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE DUE TO THE CITY OF STOCKTON RECIEVING THE SAME GRANT. SINCE THE CITY OF STOCKTON MONEY IS COMPLETELY GRANTED, EXCEPTIONS MUST BE MADE THROUGH THE ROOKS COUNTY COMMISSION. CONTACT THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OFFICE FOR DETAILS.
· Qualifying businesses must meet the Low-to-Moderate Income requirements, with at least 51% of the business’s employees being low-to-moderate income employees. If awarded, owner must submit on a monthly basis all receipts or other proof of payment for all working capital expenditures, until disbursement of the entire grant awarded is documented. (LMI income limits based on household size are shown on the Job Certification Form, Column C)
· Sole proprietors, self-employed or independent contractors with no paid employees can apply for up to a $5,000 grant. Businesses with more than one LMI qualified full-time staff can apply for up to a $10,000 grant. Amount of grant awarded will be contingent upon the number of applications received and proof of the amount of money spent on working capital over a 60 day period beginning no earlier than March 1, 2020.
· To apply, businesses must complete the application form, submit a letter describing their negative economic impact, and complete an Job Certification Form for all employees.
Application forms are available at the Rooks County Courthouse, or on the Rooks County website at www.rookscounty.net under the “COVID-19 Business Help Resources link. Submit application to Rooks County Economic Development, 115 N. Walnut, Stockton, KS 67669 or by email to email@example.com. Funds are limited and will be distributed on a case-by-case and first come-first served basis. Contact Economic Development Director Roger Hrabe with questions at (785) 425-6881 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Grants must be used for working capital. This is defined as staff salaries and wages, purchase of inventory, some utilities, rent, insurance payments, etc. No old outstanding debts qualify. Proof of payment by copies of invoices, receipts, payroll must be supplied to receive reimbursement. In addition, a bank or credit card statement is required that shows the invoice was paid.
2. Grants are to stimulate JOB RETENTION, not new hires. State LMI Job Certification forms are required on all retained employees. (Make copies as needed.)
3. Businesses must:
- Have at least one full-time equivalent (FTE) owner/employee whose family income is Low/Moderate income (LMI) for their family size, (part-time employees can be added up to full-time equivalents).
- Have at least 51% of impacted employees qualify as LMI for their family size.
- Submit a letter from the company/business attesting that they are either shut down or could be shut down due to COVID-19 without financial assistance.
- Have a DUNS number. If you do not currently have a DUNS number, click here for directions.
4. Business cannot have outstanding State or County tax obligations.
5. All businesses who receive grant funding will be issued a 1099 and be required to report the grant funding.
APPLICATION FORMS All Forms must be submitted.
(Note – These are all fillable forms. Either print when finished, or save file and email)
Rooks County CDBG Grant Application
Attachment to Grant Application (2) (include this form with your application)
Job Certifications for Economic Development Projects – Rooks (include this form for each employee)
Sample Application Letter