Wilkens Manufacturing, Inc. is looking for a skilled IT Specialist who will maintain our information technology systems and networks. You will perform both technical and administrative tasks to ensure functionality and efficiency of computer and telecom systems.
An IT Specialist must be knowledgeable in software, hardware and networks. You must be a critical thinker and problem-solver with great attention to detail. Software conversion experience preferred. Since teamwork is an important aspect of the role, excellent communication and people skill are required.
• Institute protocols for the use of IT across departments and projects
• Provide advice on the most suitable IT choices
• Provide technical support or training for systems and networks
• Act as link between end users and higher level support
• Install and configure software and hardware (printers, network cards etc.)
• Monitor system and network performance
• Perform troubleshooting, repairs and data restoration
• Performance maintenance activities (e.g. backups)
• Maintain licenses and upgrade schedules
• Collaborate with other professionals to maintain standards and functionality
• Proven experience as IT Specialist or similar role
• Experience in network management and help desk support is appreciated
• Solid knowledge of IT systems and applications
• Understanding of TCP/IP protocols and LAN/WAN configuration
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair issues
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Great attention to detail
• Excellent organizational and coordination abilities
• BSc/BA in information technology or computer science is preferred
• Certification (CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ etc.) is a plus
IT Specialist salary is based on experience. Wilkens Manufacturing, Inc. offers a full benefit package including: Health/Dental, 401(k), Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay.
Please apply online at www.wilkensusa.com or in person at Wilkens Manufacturing, Inc., 1480 Hwy 183, Stockton, KS 67669. Phone 785-425-7070.